By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
  • Spotify Channel
  • Pop/R&B
  • Rock
  • Electronic
NEWSLETTER
Music World
  • News
    NewsShow More
    Lola Young returning to All Things Go festival one year after on-stage collapse
    Lola Young returning to All Things Go festival one year after on-stage collapse
    May 19, 2026
    They Are Gutting a Body of Water Are Going on a US Tour
    They Are Gutting a Body of Water Are Going on a US Tour
    May 19, 2026
    Kylie Minogue responds to rumours of Madonna collaboration on ‘Confessions II’
    Kylie Minogue responds to rumours of Madonna collaboration on ‘Confessions II’
    May 19, 2026
    Tash Sultana Signs With BMG & More Music Artist Deals
    Tash Sultana Signs With BMG & More Music Artist Deals
    May 19, 2026
    Los Thuthanaka, Kim Gordon, and Smerz to Play Making Time ∞ 2026
    Los Thuthanaka, Kim Gordon, and Smerz to Play Making Time ∞ 2026
    May 19, 2026
  • Album Reviews
  • Features
  • Lists
  • Videos
  • More
    • Press Release
    • Trends
Reading: Paris Jackson shares update on where she stands with Colman Domingo following ‘Michael’ biopic drama
Share
Search
Music WorldMusic World
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Features
  • Reviews
  • Lists
  • Videos
Search
  • News
  • Album Reviews
  • Features
  • Lists
  • Videos
  • More
    • Press Release
    • Trends
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Music World > News > Paris Jackson shares update on where she stands with Colman Domingo following ‘Michael’ biopic drama
News

Paris Jackson shares update on where she stands with Colman Domingo following ‘Michael’ biopic drama

Written by: News Room Last updated: March 15, 2026
Share

Paris Jackson has shared an update on where she stands with Colman Domingo, following a public spat over the upcoming Michael Jackson biopic Michael.

  • READ MORE: 20 unmissable movies to look forward to in 2026

The film will see the King of Pop’s real-life nephew Jaafar Jackson take on the title role, and it is expected to chart the rise of one of the most successful pop music stars in history.

Much of the film will explore Jackson’s relationship with his overbearing father Joe – played by Oscar nominee Domingo – and his struggle to overcome his child-star status with the Jackson Five.

Last year, Domingo said in an interview that Jackson’s children, Paris and Prince Jackson, were “very much in support” of the film, and they had “chatted briefly” about the project, and she was “very helpful”.

This was quickly rebuffed by Paris, who announced that she had “zero per cent involvement” with the film and that Domingo’s claim to the contrary was false.

“Don’t be telling people I was ‘helpful’ on the set of a movie I had 0% involvement in lol that is so weird,” she wrote on her Instagram Story at the time. “I read one of the first drafts of the script and gave my notes about what was dishonest / didn’t sit right with me. When they didn’t address it I moved on with my life.”

She later addressed comments from viewers who said she was reacting “rudely” to Domingo’s claims: “Yo, I met this man twice… both were hella brief interactions.”

Now, Paris has shared another update on where things stand with Domingo. During a new interview with Entertainment Tonight, she said that the actor had messaged her to smooth over the conflict from last year. “

I really appreciated the sentiment of it,” Paris said. “Because there’s lots of miscommunications, and things get twisted.”

It comes after Domingo gave an interview to the Wall Street Journal earlier this week, when he revealed he had messaged Paris on social media to explain that his comment about the Jackson kids had been taken out of context. “I hope that she eventually loves the tribute that we made about her father,” he said.

The release of the film was delayed due to reports that the final act had to be shot again due to an unsanctioned inclusion of the 1993 Jordan Chandler case, in which the dentist and screenwriter accused Jackson of sexually abusing his 13-year-old son. The case was concluded when the two parties reached a financial settlement in 1994.

It is now set to be released into cinemas on April 24, with rumours that it would be split into two separate films being apparently unfounded.

The film has already attracted some criticism, including from Dan Reed, the director of the documentary Leaving Neverland, which documented allegations of sexual abuse against Jackson. Reed criticised the making of the new biopic, saying it “will glorify a man who raped children”.

Reed later said he had read a draft of the script in which the men who made the allegations in Leaving Neverland were discredited. “Jackson is only ever seen caring for children with childhood cancer, or dancing with a little girl in a wheelchair, or tucking up multiple little boys, mostly his nephews, at sleepovers,” Reed said of the script. “It feels like the creators of the movie have been stuck in a room with John Branca and just told what to write.”

Its release comes 17 years after Jackson’s death on June 25, 2009, at the age of 50. The cause of death was acute propofol intoxication, while the Los Angeles County coroner ruled the death as a homicide, and Jackson’s doctor, Conrad Murray, was later convicted of involuntary manslaughter in connection with the artist’s death.

TAGGED: Featured, Pop
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article Michael Shannon and Jason Narducy on Accidentally Starting the World’s Greatest R.E.M. Tribute Band Michael Shannon and Jason Narducy on Accidentally Starting the World’s Greatest R.E.M. Tribute Band
Next Article Watch Harry Styles Bring “Dance No More” and “Coming Up Roses” to SNL Watch Harry Styles Bring “Dance No More” and “Coming Up Roses” to SNL

Join Us for a Melodic Night Under the Stars!

Don't Miss Out

Latest News

New
They Are Gutting a Body of Water Are Going on a US Tour

They Are Gutting a Body of Water Are Going on a US Tour

Kylie Minogue responds to rumours of Madonna collaboration on ‘Confessions II’

Kylie Minogue responds to rumours of Madonna collaboration on ‘Confessions II’

Tash Sultana Signs With BMG & More Music Artist Deals

Tash Sultana Signs With BMG & More Music Artist Deals

Why Fuerza Regida Calls the Chevy 454 Their Favorite ‘Time Machine’

Why Fuerza Regida Calls the Chevy 454 Their Favorite ‘Time Machine’

You Might Also Like

Lola Young returning to All Things Go festival one year after on-stage collapse
News

Lola Young returning to All Things Go festival one year after on-stage collapse

Lola Young is set to return to the All…

Writen by News Room May 19, 2026
They Are Gutting a Body of Water Are Going on a US Tour
News

They Are Gutting a Body of Water Are Going on a US Tour

They Are Gutting a Body of Water have lined…

Writen by News Room May 19, 2026
Kylie Minogue responds to rumours of Madonna collaboration on ‘Confessions II’
News

Kylie Minogue responds to rumours of Madonna collaboration on ‘Confessions II’

Kylie Minogue has responded to rumours that she is set to appear…

Writen by News Room May 19, 2026
Tash Sultana Signs With BMG & More Music Artist Deals
News

Tash Sultana Signs With BMG & More Music Artist Deals

BMG signed Australian artist, producer and songwriter Tash Sultana…

Writen by News Room May 19, 2026
Music World

Until next time, keep the groove alive, and remember, music is the ultimate time machine.

FACEBOOK
SPOTIFY
YOUTUBE
RSS
  • News
  • Album Reviews
  • Features
  • Videos
  • Pop/R&B
  • Rock
  • Electronic
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Terms of Use
  • Newsletter
DISCLAIMER: We make great efforts to maintain reliable data on all offers presented. However, this data is provided without warranty. Users should always check the provider’s official website for current terms and details.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?