By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
  • Spotify Channel
  • Pop/R&B
  • Rock
  • Electronic
NEWSLETTER
Music World
  • News
    NewsShow More
    AI Deepfakes Bill NO FAKES Reintroduced in Congress Again
    AI Deepfakes Bill NO FAKES Reintroduced in Congress Again
    May 21, 2026
    Snoop Dogg Says His LLC Not Liable in Drakeo the Ruler Death Lawsuit
    Snoop Dogg Says His LLC Not Liable in Drakeo the Ruler Death Lawsuit
    May 20, 2026
    Ariana Grande Drops ‘Dangerous Woman’ Outtake on Album’s 10th Anniversary
    Ariana Grande Drops ‘Dangerous Woman’ Outtake on Album’s 10th Anniversary
    May 20, 2026
    Gurriers announce new album ‘Nobody’s Coming To Save You’ with intense title track
    Gurriers announce new album ‘Nobody’s Coming To Save You’ with intense title track
    May 20, 2026
    ‘Charlie Brown Christmas’ Songs Owner Sues
    ‘Charlie Brown Christmas’ Songs Owner Sues
    May 20, 2026
  • Album Reviews
  • Features
  • Lists
  • Videos
  • More
    • Press Release
    • Trends
Reading: Busta Rhymes Settles With Ex-Assistant Over ‘Defamatory’ Assault Claims
Share
Search
Music WorldMusic World
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Features
  • Reviews
  • Lists
  • Videos
Search
  • News
  • Album Reviews
  • Features
  • Lists
  • Videos
  • More
    • Press Release
    • Trends
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Music World > News > Busta Rhymes Settles With Ex-Assistant Over ‘Defamatory’ Assault Claims
News

Busta Rhymes Settles With Ex-Assistant Over ‘Defamatory’ Assault Claims

Written by: News Room Last updated: April 30, 2026
Share
Busta Rhymes Settles With Ex-Assistant Over ‘Defamatory’ Assault Claims

The former assistant claimed the Grammy-nominated rapper punched him with a closed fist and blacklisted him from the hip-hop industry

Busta Rhymes has reached a private settlement with the ex-assistant who claimed the Grammy-nominated rapper punched him in the face in the lobby of the rapper’s Brooklyn apartment building last year.

The former assistant, Dashiel Gables, had claimed Rhymes, born Trevor Smith Jr., flew into a rage and assaulted him over a delayed pan of chicken and a phone call Gables took from his young daughter, which purportedly violated a no-cellphone rule on the job.

Smith, 53, was arrested and issued a desk appearance ticket for third-degree assault, a misdemeanor, CBS News New York reported at the time. Last August, the ex-assistant filed an assault and battery lawsuit in federal court that invoked the federal Fair Labor Standards Act. He claimed he was subjected to workplace abuses and then blackballed from the hip-hop industry after the alleged assault.

Smith denied Gables’ allegations and filed a counterclaim for defamation in October. He said Gables’ claims damaged his reputation and caused him to lose income and business opportunities.

Trending Stories

In a letter to the judge filed this week, lawyers for Smith and Gables said they had settled the matter in private mediation. “The parties are finalizing the settlement documentation and anticipate that it will be completed within ten days,” they wrote without elaborating on the terms. The judge ordered them to file a formal motion for settlement by June 1.

Lawyers for Smith and Gables did not respond to requests for comment from Rolling Stone. The outcome of Smith’s criminal case, meanwhile, has been sealed, a spokesperson with the Brooklyn DA’s office said.

TAGGED: Busta Rhymes, controversy, courts and crime, Featured
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article LeAnn Rimes postpones two shows amid ‘severe illness’ LeAnn Rimes postpones two shows amid ‘severe illness’
Next Article Elizabeth Matthews Accepts the Executive of the Year Award Elizabeth Matthews Accepts the Executive of the Year Award

Join Us for a Melodic Night Under the Stars!

Don't Miss Out

Latest News

New
Snoop Dogg Says His LLC Not Liable in Drakeo the Ruler Death Lawsuit

Snoop Dogg Says His LLC Not Liable in Drakeo the Ruler Death Lawsuit

Ariana Grande Drops ‘Dangerous Woman’ Outtake on Album’s 10th Anniversary

Ariana Grande Drops ‘Dangerous Woman’ Outtake on Album’s 10th Anniversary

Gurriers announce new album ‘Nobody’s Coming To Save You’ with intense title track

Gurriers announce new album ‘Nobody’s Coming To Save You’ with intense title track

‘Charlie Brown Christmas’ Songs Owner Sues

‘Charlie Brown Christmas’ Songs Owner Sues

You Might Also Like

AI Deepfakes Bill NO FAKES Reintroduced in Congress Again
News

AI Deepfakes Bill NO FAKES Reintroduced in Congress Again

An updated version of the Nurture Originals, Foster Art,…

Writen by News Room May 21, 2026
Snoop Dogg Says His LLC Not Liable in Drakeo the Ruler Death Lawsuit
News

Snoop Dogg Says His LLC Not Liable in Drakeo the Ruler Death Lawsuit

Snoop Dogg says in new court filings that his…

Writen by News Room May 20, 2026
Ariana Grande Drops ‘Dangerous Woman’ Outtake on Album’s 10th Anniversary
News

Ariana Grande Drops ‘Dangerous Woman’ Outtake on Album’s 10th Anniversary

"Knew Better Part Two" didn't make it onto the…

Writen by News Room May 20, 2026
Gurriers announce new album ‘Nobody’s Coming To Save You’ with intense title track
News

Gurriers announce new album ‘Nobody’s Coming To Save You’ with intense title track

Gurriers have announced new album ‘Nobody’s Coming To Save…

Writen by News Room May 20, 2026
Music World

Until next time, keep the groove alive, and remember, music is the ultimate time machine.

FACEBOOK
SPOTIFY
YOUTUBE
RSS
  • News
  • Album Reviews
  • Features
  • Videos
  • Pop/R&B
  • Rock
  • Electronic
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Terms of Use
  • Newsletter
DISCLAIMER: We make great efforts to maintain reliable data on all offers presented. However, this data is provided without warranty. Users should always check the provider’s official website for current terms and details.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?