By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
  • Spotify Channel
  • Pop/R&B
  • Rock
  • Electronic
NEWSLETTER
Music World
  • News
    NewsShow More
    Unplugs Protect Your Hearing at Loud Concerts: Here’s How to Buy the Premium Earplugs Online
    Unplugs Protect Your Hearing at Loud Concerts: Here’s How to Buy the Premium Earplugs Online
    May 21, 2026
    Cardi B Wants to Tour Again This Fall After Little Miss Drama Tour Grosses M: ‘Motherf–kers Gotta Come Correct’
    Cardi B Wants to Tour Again This Fall After Little Miss Drama Tour Grosses $70M: ‘Motherf–kers Gotta Come Correct’
    May 21, 2026
    Christina Aguilera, Will Smith, the Roots to Mark America’s 250th Anniversary in Philly
    Christina Aguilera, Will Smith, the Roots to Mark America’s 250th Anniversary in Philly
    May 21, 2026
    Feeble Little Horse Announce New Album Bitknot Dropping Next Week
    Feeble Little Horse Announce New Album Bitknot Dropping Next Week
    May 21, 2026
    Moby hits out at Donald Trump and “most corrupt, evil, incompetent administration”
    Moby hits out at Donald Trump and “most corrupt, evil, incompetent administration”
    May 21, 2026
  • Album Reviews
  • Features
  • Lists
  • Videos
  • More
    • Press Release
    • Trends
Reading: Kanye West allegedly told man “you can’t leave” and ordered him to live in beach house during demolition
Share
Search
Music WorldMusic World
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Features
  • Reviews
  • Lists
  • Videos
Search
  • News
  • Album Reviews
  • Features
  • Lists
  • Videos
  • More
    • Press Release
    • Trends
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Music World > News > Kanye West allegedly told man “you can’t leave” and ordered him to live in beach house during demolition
News

Kanye West allegedly told man “you can’t leave” and ordered him to live in beach house during demolition

Written by: News Room Last updated: February 26, 2026
Share

The man suing Kanye West over injuries he allegedly sustained during the demolition of the rapper’s Malibu beach house testified in court yesterday (Wednesday February 25), claiming Ye told him that he wasn’t allowed to leave the property.

Tony Saxon, who is an ex-employee of Ye, took legal action against the star in 2023. He claimed that he was owed $1million (£800,000) in unpaid wages and loss of earnings after working as a project manager, full-time security, and live-in caretaker at the mansion.

  • READ MORE: ‘Donda 2’: Kanye West’s ego is scuppering these half-baked, dashed-off sounding songs

The lawsuit filed in the Los Angeles Superior Court alleged that the ‘Donda’ artist unlawfully fired Saxon after he refused to comply with Ye’s “dangerous” demands.

Per the complaint, Saxon also severely injured his back while working for West. However, his requests for time off were allegedly ignored by the rapper.

As Rolling Stone reports, Saxon’s testimony yesterday included the claim that Ye had ordered him to live at the house full-time. He was allegedly told by West: “You can’t leave.”

When discussing one particular evening, Saxon recalled West looking over him while he was in bed in the early hours. “He stood over me and asked, ‘Why are you not working?’” said Saxon. “It was like three or four in the morning. I said, ‘I have to sleep sometime’.”

He said he didn’t know how to respond to Ye’s question, adding that the rapper had “chuckled” at his reply.

The 35-year-old testified that he had developed a friendly back-and-forth with West, and had worked for him for six weeks from September 2021. Ye is said to have bought the property for $57.3million earlier that same year.

Jurors were shown screenshots of text messages between West and Saxon, in which they called each other “brother” and responded with heart emojis. The court reportedly saw an image of Saxon’s bed set-up at the house, too. This was said to consist of just a small mattress on a concrete floor.

Kanye West. CREDIT: DUTCH/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images/Getty

West allegedly demanded photo updates of the work, and reportedly hit out at Saxon for wearing blue clothes instead of the all-black uniform Ye preferred.

Saxon went through numerous pages of text messages in court, including photos, updates and a budget he’d put together. He reiterated that the rapper had hired him as a project manager on the demolition.

“He wanted to turn the home into an open-concept, off-the-grid bunker, with privatised Wi-Fi and renewable energy,” Saxon reportedly told the jury. “He didn’t want to be connected to the city’s power grid or water grid.”

According to Saxon, the star asked for all wiring and plumbing to be removed, as well as a jacuzzi, chimney, a black-marble bathroom and more. He remembered one “experimental” part of the job, involving the removal of all glass and windows.

“The whole house needed to be open, very bare, minimalistic,” Saxon said.

When testifying about another occasion, he remembered arriving at the mansion to learn that the night watchman had been fired. Ye then asked Saxon to take on security duties, the latter claimed.

“Since you’re going to be there so much, running shifts, you should be the security,” Ye allegedly told Saxon. He is said to have demanded: “Stay here now. You can’t leave.”

West also allegedly told Saxon that the work should be done on the quiet, as the rapper didn’t have any permits.

West’s lawyers alleged during their opening statements on Tuesday (February 24) that Saxon was working as an independent contractor, rather than an employee. They claimed that their evidence would prove that Saxon was an unlicensed contractor who “destroyed” the “architectural gem”.

Attorney Andrew Cherkasky argued that it was Saxon who wanted to keep the project “under the radar and low-key” so inspectors wouldn’t discover he was unlicensed and “shut down” the job.

One text exchange showed Saxon telling West: “We should probably chill for a bit on major noise outside until Monday, not to draw attention.” He claimed that he sent the message after Ye expressed concern.

Ye also raised concerns over “how loud” a generator would be, with another message from Saxon reading: “Just got another huge load of trash discreetly out of here too.” In response, West said: “Awesome, keep sending updates.” He included a heart emoji, as well.

As for the back injury he suffered on the job, Saxon told the court that this occurred when he was taking down two chimney stacks: “The full force of the spire going down yanked my body and whiplashed me.”

However, Cherkasky told the court on Tuesday that there was “not a single medical record” showing Saxon was injured when he was working for West.

Saxon’s lawyer, Ron Zambrano, claimed that this was because his client did not immediately seek treatment: “He’s not somebody who does what most people with health insurance who don’t get fired by celebrities do.”

But Saxon claimed that the rapper could be kind-natured, despite his alleged behaviour in the suit. When West noticed that Saxon hadn’t showered for days, he took him to Malibu’s Nobu Hotel in Kim Kardashian’s Lamborghini.

Saxon is scheduled to return to the stand today (Thursday February 26). The trial is expected to last another two weeks. Ye is expected to testify in court, as is his wife Bianca Censori.

TAGGED: Featured, Hip-Hop, Rap
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article Inside Help(2), The Olivia Rodrigo & Arctic Monkeys-Starring Charity Album 30 Years in the Making: ‘It Reaffirms Your Faith in Community’ Inside Help(2), The Olivia Rodrigo & Arctic Monkeys-Starring Charity Album 30 Years in the Making: ‘It Reaffirms Your Faith in Community’
Next Article Hilary Duff hits back at criticism over explicit lyrics in new song Roommates Hilary Duff hits back at criticism over explicit lyrics in new song Roommates

Join Us for a Melodic Night Under the Stars!

Don't Miss Out

Latest News

New
Cardi B Wants to Tour Again This Fall After Little Miss Drama Tour Grosses M: ‘Motherf–kers Gotta Come Correct’

Cardi B Wants to Tour Again This Fall After Little Miss Drama Tour Grosses $70M: ‘Motherf–kers Gotta Come Correct’

Christina Aguilera, Will Smith, the Roots to Mark America’s 250th Anniversary in Philly

Christina Aguilera, Will Smith, the Roots to Mark America’s 250th Anniversary in Philly

Feeble Little Horse Announce New Album Bitknot Dropping Next Week

Feeble Little Horse Announce New Album Bitknot Dropping Next Week

Moby hits out at Donald Trump and “most corrupt, evil, incompetent administration”

Moby hits out at Donald Trump and “most corrupt, evil, incompetent administration”

You Might Also Like

Unplugs Protect Your Hearing at Loud Concerts: Here’s How to Buy the Premium Earplugs Online
News

Unplugs Protect Your Hearing at Loud Concerts: Here’s How to Buy the Premium Earplugs Online

All products and services featured are independently chosen by…

Writen by News Room May 21, 2026
Cardi B Wants to Tour Again This Fall After Little Miss Drama Tour Grosses M: ‘Motherf–kers Gotta Come Correct’
News

Cardi B Wants to Tour Again This Fall After Little Miss Drama Tour Grosses $70M: ‘Motherf–kers Gotta Come Correct’

Less than a month after wrapping up her Little…

Writen by News Room May 21, 2026
Christina Aguilera, Will Smith, the Roots to Mark America’s 250th Anniversary in Philly
News

Christina Aguilera, Will Smith, the Roots to Mark America’s 250th Anniversary in Philly

Some of Pennsylvania’s finest performers will ring in America’s…

Writen by News Room May 21, 2026
Feeble Little Horse Announce New Album Bitknot Dropping Next Week
News

Feeble Little Horse Announce New Album Bitknot Dropping Next Week

It’s only been three years since Feeble Little Horse…

Writen by News Room May 21, 2026
Music World

Until next time, keep the groove alive, and remember, music is the ultimate time machine.

FACEBOOK
SPOTIFY
YOUTUBE
RSS
  • News
  • Album Reviews
  • Features
  • Videos
  • Pop/R&B
  • Rock
  • Electronic
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Terms of Use
  • Newsletter
DISCLAIMER: We make great efforts to maintain reliable data on all offers presented. However, this data is provided without warranty. Users should always check the provider’s official website for current terms and details.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?